So, you've read my HELLO page, looked through some photos of what I've knit, and read a few blog posts. I'm glad! Thank you for stopping by, and I truly hope that you click out of this website having seen something you like or having learned something - even if it's just learning about yourself that you now really, really want to learn how to knit! If you did, my job here is done! I love sharing what I do with anyone who's willing to read or look at it, but I think it's even more important to share what we love with other people. Who knows - something you call a hobby or a quirky interest could one day lead to someone heading a chocolate factory or building the world's first real ship in a bottle! (A little far-fetched? Tell that to Mr. Wonka's mentors.)
Here are a few reasons why I write this blog:
- To (virtually) meet awesome new people who share my love of making or who want to learn about it
- To extend my passion for non-traditional forms of education (Technology & blogs & interactive programming as a way to teach? Sign me up!)
- I get to share what I care about with any willing ear (And the good thing for them is that, if they don't like it, all they have to do is click away!)
But in case you'd like to know more about me as a person, here are a handful of bullet points:
- I drink way too much coffee - always iced, even in the dead of winter. It’s not because I need the caffeine to keep me happy, but because I genuinely love coffee. People will tell you that such people don’t exist, but they are so very, very wrong.
- Fall is my favorite season, because I love being chilly without being cold, and it means that I can finally wear tights with all of my dresses.
- I live just outside of New York City, arguably one of the best cities in the world. A close second for me is Washington, DC, since living there for four years pretty much changed my life.
- I can never decide on a favorite color, but the one that's always held fast high up in the ranks is dark purple.
- I have mini obsessions with owls, Boston Terriers, Disney World, and coconut-flavored things. Meh, what can you do? We all have our vices.
- I literally cannot stand olives.