November is almost halfway over, which seems cah-razy to me! I'm pretty sure I say this all the time to anyone who listens, but time seems to be going so quickly recently and I don't like it! Maybe it's because I'm still in the process of figuring my life out, but I always worry that I'm just not. doing. enough. Anyone else feel this way: 25 and kind of floundering, making her first big step toward a future but wishing she had made that move three years earlier? Okay, good.
I've mentioned that big step before, but here it is again: I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL! Everything is officially official, and I'll be starting classes again in January on the track toward getting my certification to teach social studies/history. I won't be starting my education classes until the summer/fall since I have to get 2 prerequisites out of the way that weren't covered by the classes I took in college, but I am BEYOND excited to being this journey. (I often hate when people use the word "journey" for stuff like this, but it really applies here! It HAS been a really long journey getting here, and I'm proud to say I've hit a really important checkpoint.) I should be done by December 2017! Seems far away, but I know it'll go by really quickly!
But on to the two other things that I'm looking forward to before school even begins!
Number 1 is CHRISTMAS!
Who doesn't love a good holiday, am I right? For the first Christmas ever I'm honestly at a point where I don't really WANT anything. Weird, right? Is this a sign of adulthood? Sure, getting things is always nice, but there's nothing right now about which I'm saying to myself, "I NEED THIS THING." I'll probably throw together a list with a few things (because I know my mother will riot if I don't), but I'm more than happy just getting money to help pay for school!
I'm more of a gift-giver for the holidays. I love thinking about what I want to make people and putting that into action (and then scrambling to finish everything). And because I have so much yarn potential in what I have in my stash, I will not be buying any more yarn for any of these projects! (De-stashing details coming in another post!) Here's what I've got on my list so far, yarn-wise:
- Katie (sister): this little fella you see on the right, since she has an a wee bit of an unhealthy obsession with penguins; some sort of crochet granny square pillow (haven't decided on a pattern just yet); pom pom wall hanging like this one
- Colleen (sister): This one is an exception to my no-yarn-buying policy for this year! She sent me a photo of this hat from Target and said she wants me to make her one like it. So I am! Because why spend $16.99 for a hat when you can make it yourself with yarn worth over $30?! I'm also working on a pair of Toy Story Buzz & Woody themed mouse ears for her. :)
- Mom: 2 pairs of the socks shown on the left, likely in purple and yellow; Tower of Terror themed mouse ears
- Dad: This man is both ridiculously easy and ridiculously difficult to buy gifts for. So, I'm making him one pair of the aforementioned socks and then I'll probably buy him some beer!
- Andrew (boyfriend): I probably won't be making Andrew anything this year. He's not much of a knitted items wearer, but maybe if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll make him a pair of socks, too. :)
Number 2 is DISNEY WORLD!
My Walt Disney World vacation is only 52 days away! We're leaving on January 5 and I'm past the point of excitement and into the zone of "IT'S SO CLOSE AND I JUST WANT IT TO BE HERE ALREADY DAMMIT!" This will be my third trip to the Most Magical Place on Earth in less than three years (May 2013, September 2014, January 2016), but both of my previous trips were planned and booked less than 6 weeks beforehand, so they came and went so quickly!
The anticipation for this one has been building up since July, and I'm so happy it's coming soon! I didn't think I could be more excited for Disney World than I had been for those previous trips, but the long wait time made the excitement so much better! I'M SERIOUSLY ITCHING WITH EXCITEMENT AS I WRITE THIS. All of our meal reservations have been made, all of our FastPasses have been chosen, all schedules have been created and I AM READY.
So, with the month halfway over, Thanksgiving coming soon, and the Christmas/holiday season starting in full swing, this is going to be a really fun and exciting few weeks. I'm looking forward to all of it.
BRING ON THE FUN!